General research characteristics
Research in the department is conducted in three divisions comprising main research fields:
Main research areas
Division of Machine Design
Research is concentrated on bearing systems, tribology and machine design and maintenance.
Main subjects are:
- Phenomenon of acoustic levitation
- Large fluid film thrust bearings
- Water lubricated sliding bearings
- Unconventional bearing materials and lubricants
- Problems of durability of wind turbine gearboxes
- Problems of maintenance and design of RCV-s
- Problems of wear and friction testing
- B. Bastian, R. Gawarkiewicz, M. Wasilczuk, THE INFLUENCE OF HOUSING ARRANGEMENT AND INTERFERENCE ON PRELOAD AND THEORETICAL LIFETIME OF A SYSTEM OF TAPER ROLLER BEARINGS OF A HIGH SPEED SHAFT OF A WIND TURBINE GEARBOX - TRIBOLOGIA- 2017
- B. Bartosz, R. Gawarkiewicz, M. Wasilczuk, ANALYSIS OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF HIGH SPEED SHAFT BEARING SYSTEM DURABILITY INCREASE - TRIBOLOGIA - 2016
- M. Wodtke, M. Wasilczuk, Evaluation of apparent Young׳s modulus of the composite polymer layers used as sliding surfaces in hydrodynamic thrust bearings - TRIBOLOGY INTERNATIONAL - 2016
- J. Zorn, M. Wasilczuk, The effect of the exposure-in-oil on the contact of the polymers forming sliding layers in hydrodynamic bearings. - TRIBOLOGIA - 2016
- M. Wasilczuk, R. Gawarkiewicz, M. Libera, F. Wasilczuk, G. Kinal, BEARING SYSTEMS OF WIND TURBINES – MAINTENANCE PROBLEMS - TRIBOLOGIA - 2015
Contact person: Prof Michał Wasilczuk, e-mail email@example.com
Division of Medical Engineering
Research in the division is devoted to tests and design of medical devices, study of mechanical properties of human bones and other tissues, problems of FEM calculations in medical applications and tribology phenomena in medical applications
Main subjects are:
- Original rehabilitation and other medical devices
- Problems of FEM calculations of living objects, including mechanical properties of the tissues and bones
- New materials for medical applications
- Engineering based improvement of various medical procedures
Contact person: DSc Szymon Grymek, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Division of Motor Vehicles
Research in the division is mainly devoted to car tyres comprising:
- Testing the noise levels of car tyres.
- Testing the noise levels of motor vehicles.
- Testing the rolling friction of car tyres.
- Traction tests of military and specialized vehicles.
- Ballistic tests.
- J. Ejsmont, B. Świeczko-Żurek, W. Owczarzak, S. Sommer, P. Mioduszewski, Degradation of reference tyres used for CPX measurements - 2017
- B. Świeczko-Żurek, J. Ejsmont, G. Ronowski, Noise related to gas bottles explosions - 2017
- J. Ejsmont, G. Ronowski, B. Świeczko-Żurek, S. Sommer, Road texture influence on tyre rolling resistance - Road Materials and Pavement Design - 2017
- B. Świeczko-Żurek, G. Ronowski, J. Ejsmont, Tyre rolling resistance and its influence on fuel consumption - Combustion Engines - 2017
- F. Anfosso-Ledee, V. Cerezo, R. Karlsson, A. Bergiers, S. Dauvergne, J. Ejsmont, L. Goubert, H. Lesdos, J. Maeck, U. Sandberg, L. Sjogren, M. Zöller, Experimental validation of the rolling resistance measurement method including updated draft standard - 2016
Contact person: Prof Jerzy Ejsmont, e-mail: email@example.com