- In relation to suspending the classes within full-time and part-time courses for students, PhD students and post-graduate courses students until May 3, 2020, the Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering hereby orders that the classes are conducted in e-learning formula, with the exception of classes specified by the Heads of Departments as impossible to be conducted within this formula.
- Classes conducted in e-learning formula are an integral element of the educational process and are mandatory for all the students. The obligation covers participation, if possible, in synchronized elements of teaching, as well as timely submission of the tasks given by the lecturers. Students who, due to technical reasons, are unable to participate in e-learning classes are obliged to inform the lecturers about this fact.
- Academic teachers conducting classes at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering are obliged to adjust the realization of classes to the guidelines contained in the depositary notification of the GUT Rector no. 9/2020 of 17 March 2020 on the rules and provisions regarding the realization of classes in e-learning formula and in compliance with the Ordinance of the Rector of Gdańsk University of Technology no. 22/2020 of 8 April 2020. In accordance with the rules specified above, classes conducted in e-learning formula will not be repeated in a stationary manner after the classes are renewed in classic form.
- E-learning classes shall be coordinated by:
Mariusz Deja, DSc, PhD, ME – content-related matters,
Paweł Śliwiński, DSc, PhD, ME – organizational matters,
Wioletta Braun, MSc, ME – formal matters connected with the Dean's Office,
Heads of the Departments – monitoring the realization of classes.
- Information regarding the classes shall be uploaded to eNauczanie platform. Should other platforms be used to transfer the content and information to students, an appropriate redirection should be submitted to eNauczanie platform.
- Faculty's administator of eNauczanie platform is Aleksandra Wiśniewska, PhD, ME. Her work will be supported by:
Karolina Miętka MSc, ME – didactic matters,
Wojciech Jarosiński – technical matters,
Artur Urbański – technical matters.
- In compliance with the Guidelines of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education , should the education process be conducted entirely in e-learning formula, an academic teacher is obliged to prepare didactic materials ensuring that each student has a work load corresponding with the number of hours assigned in the schedule and study program.
- An academic teacher is obliged to ensure that study effects specified within the study program and compliant with the subject card are achieved. If any changes in this range are introduced due to e-learning formula, they should be included and reflected in a modified subject card.
- Materials uploaded to eNauczanie platform must be available for the students at all times. In case of webinars or other forms of synchronized teaching, all the materials shall also be available at later terms, due to possible network access problems, for example. A person who is responsible for the subject can specify another form of making up for synchronized classes in the form of additional writing task, exercise, project, etc.
- An academic teacher is obliged to present the students with the plan of work by specifying the range of material and availability online and/or offline. It is recommended that the contact hours in the real-time (seminars, forum, chat, consulting) were compliant with the schedule being in effect prior to the suspension of the classes. Academic Teachers must enable the Head of Department to access all the didactic materials in order to monitor and control the realization of e-learning. This can be realized by adding the Head of Department as a teacher, without the editing privileges.
- An academic teacher is obliged to monitor and record the learning process of the students. Recording the learning process should include, among others, tasks solved by the students (even with the scans/photographs of hand-written notes).Recording contacts and interactions with students can be realized through eNauczanie system which offers the following modules:
Attendance/Frekwencja – a module enabling the creation of a virtual attendance list (required for Webinars) but it can also be used to encourage/force students to log-in at specific times (when the classes were scheduled on) in the course and mark heir presence and downolading of the materials/participation in a Webinar/chatroom.
Workshop/Warsztat – a module similar to Task/Zadanie module which allows conducting a Seminar.
It is possible to generate a Report/Raport from each module.
Using other tools including e-mail is allowed to record regular contacts and interactions with students.
- Didactic materials should additionally include the following elements:
- voice comments or presentation notes,
- links to other forms of materials such as scientific papers (especially recommended for MSc course students), manuals and instructions prepared by other institutions, films and video-clips, etc.
- comprehension questions and ideas,
- examples of tasks with solutions, showing the course of action for a given type of tasks in a digital form or scans of hand-written notes.
- There is a possibility of supporting the didactic classes by recording films of lectures and other forms of classes, such as laboratory activities. Teachers interested in such a form of classes should submit the request to Artur Urbański, ME, specifying the type of classes and conditions of the recording, such as laboratory, classroom, teacher's room, etc. This will allow the appropriate realization of the project.
- A student is obliged to regularly participate in e-learning lessons following the rules specified by an academic teacher.
- A student is obliged to appropriately perform and report all the tasks specified by a teacher. In exceptional cases of the lack of student's access to e-learning the Dean can decide to establish an individual method of realizing the teaching program.
- Classes reported by the Heads of Departments as impossible to be conducted in e-learning formula shall be conducted after the suspension of educational activities is lifted.